5-days Fully Escorted Tour from Palermo to Taormina
2020 Departures on Tuesday
April 14, 21. May 05, 12, 19, 26. June 02, 09, 16, 23. July 07, 14, 21. August 25. September 01, 08, 15, 22, 29. October 06, 13, 20.
Visit: Palermo, Segesta, Erice, Trapani Area, Cefalu, Nebrodi Park, Taormina, Mt Etna (optional)
A fully escorted English-speaking tour from Palermo to Taormina. On this tour you will visit Marsala and taste the wines the region is famous for. You will also visit UNESCO listed Cefalu with its medieval wash house. You will stay in charming hotels in Palermo and Taormina located right in the historical center. An optional excursion to Mt Etna is available on this tour.
Day 1 Tuesday – PALERMO
Independent arrival at the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa. Accommodation, dinner and overnight in your hotel.
Day 2 Wednesday – PALERMO – ERICE – MARSALA – SALT ROUTE TRAPANI AREA – PALERMO
After a buffet breakfast we depart to the medieval village of Erice located on the top of a hill overlooking the city of Trapani and the Aegadian Islands. Walk through the tiny streets, winding lanes and inner courtyards. Then we continue to Marsala, a city on the western coast famous for its production of sweet Sicilian wine. Here we stop at a prestigious winery for a guided tour of the historic wine cellars + a wines tasting (white, red and marsala) with local food pairings. After we head down to the Trapani area for a panoramic tour of the salt windmills and basins, which are still in use. Return to Palermo. Dinner on your own. Overnight in your Hotel.
Day 3 Thursday – PALERMO – CEFALÙ – NEBRODI PARK – TAORMINA
After a buffet breakfast, we depart to Cefalù a former fishing village, now a charming coastal town. Enjoy a walk to the city center and down main street to reach the Arab-Norman Cathedral and the medieval wash-house built into the rock. Drive through the Park of “Nebrodi” and stop at the Miraglia Forest for lunch. Afterwards we continue to Cesarò, Randazzo and visit the Etna park from the north side where we’ll be surrounded by beautiful landscapes. Arrival in Taormina. Accommodation, dinner and overnight at hotel Villa Diodoro, located near the historic center of Taormina.
Day 4 Friday – TAORMINA – MT ETNA (Optional) TAORMINA
After a buffet breakfast, you have a morning at leisure or for those who are interested, an opportunity to take an optional excursion to the Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Weather conditions permitting, across fascinating landscape, we will reach a height of 1800 meters to visit the Sylvester Craters where you will enjoy a spectacular panorama over the Ionian Sea (extra charge payable on the spot; the excursion will take place with a minimum of participants). Lunch on your own. Afternoon in Taormina, in this charming city called “the pearl of the Ionian Sea”. Enjoy time at leisure for shopping or walking through its tiny streets or you might decide to visit the Greek-Roman Theater on your own. Return to your hotel: dinner and overnight.
Day 5 Saturday – TAORMINA
After buffet breakfast, end of tour.
- Tour from Palermo to Taormina
- Accommodation in centrally located 4-star hotels
- 4 breakfast, 1 lunch, 3 dinners
- Mineral water (1/2 per person) included at all meals
- Visit to a winery, wine tasting & light lunch in Marsala
- Transportation by Bus GT max comfort with FREE WIFI
- English speaking tour escort
- Local guides where necessary
- Guided visits according to the program
- Porterage at hotels
- Whispers kit so you never miss a word your guide says
- Airport transfers at the start and the end of the tour. Transfers can be arranged with us on request.
- City Tax: Charged per person per night and is collected directly by the hotels
- Drinks not indicated as included above. (Coffee and wine at meals in the hotels)
- Entrance fees at monuments.
- Optional excursion to Mt Etna
- Palermo: Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa 4*
- Taormina: Villa Diodoro 4*
Price Per Person in Euro: US$ price will vary with the exchange rate.
- Double 880.00
- Single 1040.00
- 3rd person in triple room 850.00
- Airport transfers are available on request
- Additional night’s accommodation in Palermo or Taormina are available on request.
- There will be a chance to visit Mt Etna on this tour as an optional extra. This can be booked with your tour guide at the start of your tour.