5-Day Short Vacation – Fully escorted tour
2020 Departures on Saturdays:
Apr 11, 18. May 02, 09, 16, 23, 30. June 06, 13, 20. July 04, 11, 18. August 22, 29. September 05, 12, 19, 26. October 03, 10, 17.
Visit: Catania, Siracusa, Modica, Ragusa, Piazza Armerina, Agrigento, Palermo, Monreale, Palermo.
This is a wonderful opportunity to fit in a short vacation to Sicily. There is so much to see on this historic island but if time is short this escorted tour will help you see the key UNESCO World Heritage listed sights.
Day 1 Saturday – CATANIA
Independent arrival at the Hotel Il Principe in Catania. Welcome cocktail and dinner. Overnight in your hotel.
Day 2 Sunday – CATANIA – SIRACUSA – MODICA – RAGUSA
After a buffet breakfast, depart to Syracuse. Here we visit the archaeological area of “Neapolis” including the famous Latomie and the Dyionisios “Ear”. Continue to the island of Ortigia here we will visit the Cathedral, the Arethuse Fountain and the Temple of Apollo. Lunch on your own. Depart to Modica, Capital of Baroque art and a UNESCO Heritage Site. Visit inside a real chocolate factory to discover the art of chocolate making. Here you will be able to create, with your hands, your own bar of chocolate. Accommodation and dinner at POGGIO DEL SOLE RESORT. Optional: visit “by night” of the ancient city Ragusa “Ibla”, cradle of Sicilian baroque, with its Cathedral, situated in the beautiful square of the Dome and the “giardino Ibleo” (an extra fee will be charged on the spot; the excursion will take place with a minimum of participants). Overnight.
Day 3 Monday – RAGUSA – PIAZZA ARMERINA – AGRIGENTO
After a buffet breakfast we depart to Piazza Armerina. Here we will visit the UNESCO listed world heritage site, Villa Romana del Casale. You will see the most beautifully preserved mosaics. Lunch in a local restaurant. Depart to Agrigento, a hillside town famous for its magnificent Valley of the Temples, also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will have a guided tour of the Valley, including the Temple of Concordia, Juno, Zeus and Heracles. Accommodation and dinner at hotel DIOSCURI BAY PALACE. Overnight.
Day 4 Tuesday – AGRIGENTO – PALERMO – MONREALE
After a buffet breakfast we depart for Palermo. Beforehand we stop in Monreale to visit the Cathedral. IT is considered one of the most beautiful monuments of the world with its Moorish architecture, and the Benedictine Cloister in the Arab-Norman style. Lunch on your own, then afterwards we continue to Palermo. Here we will enjoy Palermo’s street food, renowned all over the world, whilst wandering around its historical center. We will visit the Cathedral and Palazzo Mirto, located in the ancient Arabic quarter of Kalsa, near Piazza Marina. Dating back to the 17th century, the building offers visitors a glimpse of the lavish, lost world of the Sicilian nobility. Accommodation, dinner and overnight at GRAND HOTEL PIAZZA BORSA.
Day 5 Wednesday – PALERMO
After breakfast, end of tour.
- Sicily short vacation from Catania to Palermo
- Accommodation in centrally located 4-star hotels
- Welcome cocktail
- 4 breakfast, 1 lunch, 4 dinners
- Mineral water (1/2 per person) included at all meals
- Street food in Palermo
- Visit to chocolate factory & chocolate making class in Modica
- Transportation by Bus GT max comfort with FREE WIFI
- English speaking tour escort
- Guided visits according to the program
- Porterage at hotels
- Whispers kit so you can always hear your guide
- Entrance fees at monuments
- Optional excursions as mentioned
- Airport transfers at the start and the end of the tour. Transfers can be arranged with us on request.
- City Tax: Charged per person per night and is collected directly by the hotels
- Drinks not indicated as included above. (Coffee and wine at meals in the hotels)
- Catania: Il Principe Hotel 4* or similar
- Ragusa: Poggio Del Sole Resort 4* or similar
- Agrigento: Dioscuri Bay Palace 4* or similar
- Palermo: Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa 4* or similar
Price Per Person in Euro – Sicily Short Vacation: US$ price will vary with the exchange rate.
- Double 730.00
- Single 880.00
- 3rd person in a triple room 700.00
- Airport transfers are available on request
- Additional night’s accommodation in Catania or Palermo are available on request.