Rome to Cinque Terre by rail. A delightful independent train tour visiting Rome, Florence, the Chianti region with two wine tastings and the Cinque Terre. Experience the culture of Italy’s great art cities whilst taking time to enjoy the countryside. Experience the famous wine growing region and the UNESCO listed rugged coastline of the Cinque Terre. An unforgettable adventure.
7 nights / 8 days – Independent Rail Tour (not escorted)
Daily Departures: April – October 2020
Visits: Rome, Florence, Chianti region, Cinque Terre by Rail
Day 1: Rome
Transfer from Rome airport or rail station to your hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Rome
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will enjoy the Eternal City with the Hop-On-Hop-Off open bus tour. You can change your voucher at the office or at any stop along the bus route. Optional sightseeing tours are also available in the afternoon. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Rome
Breakfast at the hotel and a day of leisure. Optional tours available to the Colosseum, Vatican Museums or to Naples and Pompeii. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Rome – Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. Make your way to the nearby Rome rail station where you will board the high-speed train to Florence. Upon arrival in Florence, make your own way to the nearby hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Optional afternoon / night sightseeing tours are available. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will have the chance to discover the famous Chianti area with its rolling hills on a half day tour. This your will allow you a relaxing afternoon in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. The tour includes two wine tasting experiences and a visit to the medieval town of Greve in Chianti. Here you will have time to explore the central square with its numerous Medieval buildings and the picturesque artisan shops. Return to Florence. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Florence – Monterosso (Cinque Terre)
Breakfast at the hotel. Make your own way to the nearby Florence railway station. Here you will board your train to Le Cinque Terre (with change in Pisa or La Spezia). With your “Two Days Cinque Terre Card & Train”, you will have an easy and fast connection between all the villages in the Cinque Terre. Upon arrival in Monterosso, make your own way to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Monterosso.
Breakfast at hotel and day of leisure. You can keep exploring this destination on your own (with your card) or join optional tours, boat tours and other activities that are available in the area. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 8: Monterosso.
Breakfast at the hotel. End of services.
- Rome to Cinque Terre by rail
- Arrival transfer in Rome with private car / minibus (from airport or rail station)
- 7- Night’s accommodation standard rooms with daily breakfast in 4* hotels (3 nights in Rome, 2 Nights in Florence, 2 Nights in Le Cinque Terre area).
- 1 Hop-On-Hop-Off tour daily ticket in Rome
- 2nd Class train ticket from Rome to Florence (high speed train with seat reservation)
- A half day excursion from Florence to Chianti area with 2 wine tastings
- 2nd class train tickets from Florence to Monterosso with seat reservation
- Two Day Cinque Terre card & train pass
- Tourist city tax, to be paid on the spot
- Porterage service
- Entrance tickets to monuments and/or museums
- Lunches and dinners
- Everything not expressly reported in “rates include”
- Child Policy: 0-2 years. Free (cot supplement to be paid on the spot), 03-06 years reduction 50% on Double rates (max 1 child sharing room with 2 adults).
- For travel dates falling in between two seasons, the package will be quoted separately, please contact us.
- Rates are not valid during main Fair Periods in Florence
- Rates are inclusive of VAT
Rome to Cinque Terre -Hotel: 4 Star – Chosen for proximity to railway station
Rome: Hotel TORINO / Hotel UNIVERSO or similar
Florence: Hotel ADLER CAVALIERI / Hotel EXECUTIVE or similar
Monterosso: Hotel PALME / Hotel LOCANDA IL GIGANTE or similar
Price per person in Euro:
01 April – 26 July & 01 September – 18 October
- Double: 1152.00
- Single: 1543.00
- Triple: 1053.00
27 July – 31 August
- Double: 907.00
- Single: 1310.00
- Triple: 827.00
- Sightseeing tours in Rome and to Naples & Pompeii are available. Please ask.
- Return train tickets
Interested in other European tours? Please visit Europe Travel Tours