Visit Italy’s three art cities, Rome Florence & Venice by rail. Discover the beauty and history these important Italian cities has to offer. Enjoy the majestic sights of the Eternal City in Rome. See Michelangelo’s world-renowned masterpiece’s in Florence. Enjoy coffee and people watching in Piazza San Marco in Venice. There is so much for you to experience on this independent vacation.
7 nights / 8 days – Independent Rail Tour (not escorted)
Daily Departures: January – December 2020
Visits: Rome, Florence, Venice by Rail
Day 1: Rome
Transfer from Rome airport or rail station to your hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 2: Rome
Breakfast at the hotel. Today you will enjoy the Eternal City with the Hop-On-Hop-Off open bus tour. You can change your voucher at any stop along the bus route. Optional sightseeing tours are also available in the afternoon. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Rome
Breakfast at hotel and day at leisure. Optional tours to the Colosseum, Vatican Museums or further afield to Naples and Pompeii are available. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: Rome – Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. Make your own way to the Rome railway station where you will board your high-speed train to Florence. Upon arrival in Florence, transfer on your own to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Optional afternoon / evening sightseeing tours are available. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 5: Florence
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning enjoy a guided visit of the Accademia Gallery (multilingual tour). This tour will allow you to learn more about the creation of Michelangelo’s world-renowned masterpieces, including the original sculpture of David, I Prigioni and San Matteo. This is a must see when in Florence and will be fascinating for anyone interested in Michelangelo. At the end of the guided tour you can stay in the museum for as long as you like and enjoy everything at your own pace. (Please note: this tour does not operate on Monday as the museum is closed. It will be replaced by a walking tour of Florence including entrance to the Duomo). Rest of the day at leisure. Optional afternoon / night sightseeing tours are available. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 6: Florence – Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. Make your own way to the Florence railway station where you will board your high-speed train to Venice. Upon arrival in Venice, transfer on your own to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure, optional afternoon / night sightseeing tours are available. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 7: Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning enjoy an orientation tour of the Venice city center. Reach the meeting point of the tour 15 minutes prior to the departure (pick-up from hotel not provided) and enjoy a 1 hour 30 min walking tour of Venice including Piazza San Marco with its Basilica, Clock Tower and Palazzo Ducale. Rest of the day at leisure. Optional afternoon / night sightseeing tours or gondola ride are available.
Day 8: Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. At the scheduled time, make your own way to meet your driver in Piazzale Roma (Venice) to catch your private transfer to Venice Airport. Clients who require a transfer from hotel to airport can request a transfer quotation. End of services.
- Rome Florence & Venice by rail
- Arrival transfer in Rome by private Car / Minibus (from Airport or Railway Station)
- 7 Night’s accommodation standard room with daily breakfast in 4* hotels -3 nights in Rome, 2 Nights in Florence, 2 Nights in Venice.
- 1 Hop-On-Hop-Off daily ticket in Rome
- 2nd Class train tickets from Rome to Florence (high speed train with seat reservation)
- 1 hour 30 minutes guided tour of the Accademia Gallery
- 2nd Class train tickets from Florence to Venice (high speed train with seat reservation)
- 1 hour 30 min. walking city tour in Venice
- 1 Departure transfer by private Car/Minibus from Piazzale Roma to Venice Airport
- Tourist city tax, to be paid on the spot
- Porter service
- Transfers between train station and hotels
- Entrance tickets to monuments and/or museums
- Lunches and dinners
- Everything not expressly reported in “rates include”
- Child Policy: 0-2 years. Free (cot supplement to be paid on the spot), 03-06 years reduction 50% on Double rates (max 1 child sharing room with 2 adults).
- For travel dates falling in between two seasons, the package will be quoted separately, please contact us.
- Rates are not valid during main Fair Periods in Florence
- Rates are inclusive of VAT
Rome Florence & Venice by rail -Hotel 4 Star: (chosen for proximity to train station)
Rome: Hotel TORINO / Hotel UNIVERSO or similar
Florence: Hotel ADLER CAVALIERI / Hotel EXECUTIVE or similar
Venice: Hotel AMADEUS / Hotel PRINCIPE / Hotel AI MORI d’ORIENTE or similar
Price per person in Euro:
07 January – 6 February & 17 November – 26 December
- Double: 802.00
- Single: 1192.00
- Triple: 745.00
07 February – 31 March & 27 July – 27 August
- Double: 1032.00
- Single: 1533.00
- Triple: 968.00
01 April – 26 July & 28 August – 16 November
- Double: 1293.00
- Single: 1842.00
- Triple: 1217.00
- Return train tickets
- Optional sightseeing in Rome or to Naples & Pompeii
Interested in other tours in Europe? Please visit Europe Travel Tours