Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, Anacapri, Rome
4 nights / 5 days (a 5 night option is also available with 1 extra night in Sorrento)
Daily Departures: March 30th to October 29th, 2019
This semi escorted tour with daily departures is perfect for people wanting to see the highlights of Rome and the delightful Southern cities of Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri.
A longer version of this tour is available Rome, Sorrento and Capri Island, 6 nights / 7 days. We also offer a 2-night/ 3 day vacations from Rome to Positano or to Amalfi. Please inquire for itineraries and rates.
Day 01 ROME
Transfer from the airport or train station in Rome to the Hotel. Day at leisure and overnight in Rome. Dinner not included.
Day 02 ROME
American Buffet breakfast at the hotel. In the morning you will enjoy a 3 hour “Discovering Rome” walking tour. You will be picked up at your hotel at approximately 9.00am. The tour will start from Largo Argentina and continue onto Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and the Trevi Fountain. The tour will end at the Spanish steps (no drop off at the Hotel). Rest of the day at leisure and overnight. Dinner not included. Meals: B
Day 03 ROME – NAPLES – POMPEII – SORRENTO
Departure from your hotel, pick up will be from 6.30 to 7.00 am, please remember to order your breakfast box at your hotel the day before departure. Upon arrival in Naples we will take a walk in the historical center to admire Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, Piazza del Municipio, the Gallery of Umberto I and the San Carlo Opera House. Today we will have lunch together in a traditional restaurant with Neapolitan specialities (water and 1 soft drink included). Afterwards with our local guide, we will visit the Pompeii excavations, UNESCO world heritage listed ruins. This ancient Roman city was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. This eruption buried and preserved the city under a sea of volcanic ash for almost 1700 years. The archaeological journey through the ancient city will give us the opportunity to better understand how Romans used to live at that time. At the end of the tour, we may be given the opportunity to visit a coral and cameo factory, to admire items manufactured with a technique dating back to Ancient Greek times. We will then proceed onto SORRENTO, the gateway to the Amalﬁ coast. Sorrento has a colorful historical center and pretty waterfront, lined with ﬁshing boats and the new Marina Grande cruise pier. Check in at your hotel in Sorrento, dinner and overnight. Meals: B L D
Day 04 SORRENTO – CAPRI – ROME
American buffet breakfast at the hotel, and departure at 07.30-7.45am to the island of CAPRI. You will board the ferry and arrive in MARINA GRANDE. Once on the island you will visit the BLUE GROTTO (weather permitting) and stop at the famous Piazzetta. A minibus will take you up to ANACAPRI. After lunch in Anacapri, you will return to Marina Grande where you will board the ferry for your transfer back to Sorrento. Departure to Pompeii where you will join our bus to return to Rome. Arrival in Rome around 9:00pm and drop off at the hotel. Meals: B L
Day 05 ROME
American buffet breakfast at the hotel. End of our services. Meals: B
- 3 night’s accommodation in a 4* hotel in Rome
- 1 night’s accommodation in a 4* hotel in Sorrento
- 4 American buffet breakfasts
- 1 dinner in Sorrento (drinks not included)
- 1 lunch in Naples or Pompeii (water and 1 soft drink included)
- 1 lunch in Capri (drinks not included)
- 3 hour guided walking tour in Rome
- Guided tour of Pompeii including entrance fee
- Full day excursion to Capri
- Visit to the Blue Grotto (weather permitting) entrance fee
- Arrival transfer from FCO / CIA airports or TERMINI station to the hotel in Rome
- Ground transportation by deluxe coach with air conditioning
- Multilingual tour in English, Spanish and French
- 1 bag included per person plus one piece of hand luggage
- City taxes collected by the hotel. Approximately Euro 2-3 per night per guest
- Other meals and drinks not stated on the itinerary
- Rome: Hotel Gambrinus 4* / Rivoli 4* or similar
- Sorrento: Hotel Vesuvio 4* /Michelangelo 4* / La Residenza 4* / Crawford 4* or similar
2019 price per person in Euro: Red Hot Special – Bookings made until 30th June 2019 receive 10% off
- (US$ rate varies depending on exchange rate)
- Please note a longer version of this tour is available Rome, Sorrento and Capri Island, 5 nights / 6 days. 10% sale applies to both itineraries.
- 10% OFF – applies to bookings made between May 22nd and June 30th 2019. Travel dates 1st June to 31st October 2019.
- Departure transfers are available please ask us for pricing
- Additional tours in Rome can be added pre or post tour, please ask for options and pricing
- Additional nights accommodation in Rome can be booked pre or post tour