Aeolian Islands Cruise – Departure from Catania Milazzo
The Aeolian Islands are considered to be among the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean for the richness and variety of their marine flora and fauna and for the spectacles offered by rocks with bizarre shapes, natural grotto’s and picturesque coves. The AEOLIAN ISLAND CRUISE is a relaxing and casual vacation on a 24 meter sailing ketch to islands of turquoise waters that will enrich you both culturally and spiritually. There will be a maximum of 14 passengers on board in total.
Aeolian Islands Cruise- 2020 Dates – Saturday Departures – May 02 – October 24.
Day 1: Saturday – CATANIA-MILAZZO
Arrival at Catania airport. Transfer to Milazzo where you will board your Aeolian Islands cruise. Accommodation in double cabins (available from 6.00 pm). Welcome drink on board where you will meet the captain for a briefing. Dinner on board. Time at leisure in Milazzo. Overnight on board.
Day 2: Sunday – VOLCANO
Breakfast on board. Departure in the direction of the island of Vulcano. Stop for a swim in the bay of Gelso, or in the pool of Venus and the “Grotta del Cavallo”. Lunch on board. In the afternoon, optional excursion to the crater of “La Fossa di Vulcano”, observation of fumaroles, sulfur samples and volcanic bombs. Back on board at the end of the day. Dinner on your own.
Day 3: Monday – STROMBOLI
Breakfast on board and departure in the direction of Panarea. Stop for a swim around the uninhabited islets of Lisca Bianca and Bottaro where we will observe the underwater fumaroles. Lunch on board and then we will sail towards Stromboli. Two possibilities are offered to observe the activity of the volcano Stromboli:
1) For sports people, climb to the summit of the volcano accompanied by a local volcanologist. The ascent takes about three hours. After a break of about one hour to observe the activity of the volcano, you will walk back to Stromboli through a descent of volcanic ash. Dinner picnic in front of the volcano’s eruptions. The cost of the volcano guide (just for those who climb to the summit) is 28.00 € p/p, to be paid on spot.
2) For all the others, small walk of about an hour and a half until you reach the Sciara del Fuoco, where you will observe the activity of the volcano, at an altitude of about 400m. Picnic observing the activity of Stromboli and then return to the boat.
Picnic dinner for all guests (approx. € 10,00 p.p. to be paid on spot).
Day 4: Tuesday – PANAREA – SALINA
Breakfast on board, we then navigate from Stromboli to Panarea. Landing in Panarea we will walk up to Cape Milazzo and visit the 14th century archaeological site and the small port of San Pietro. Lunch on board. In the afternoon, we sail to the island of Salina. Stop in the village of “Lingua” where you may wish to disembark. Guided visit of “Lingua” and “Santa Marina di Salina”. Dinner on board.
Day 5: Wednesday – SALINA – FILICUDI
Breakfast on board, then we will sail around the island of Salina, stopping for a swim in the beautiful bay of Pollara. Lunch on board and then we sail from Salina towards Filicudi. Observation of “La Canna” (volcanic Nek) and the “Grotta del Bue Marino”. In the evening we visit the small village of Pecorini a mare. Dinner on board.
Day 6: Thursday – LIPARI
Breakfast on board, then we depart for Lipari. Sailing along the east coast of the island we will stop to review the famous pumice quarries. Lunch on board and arrival in the afternoon at the port of Lipari. Evening at leisure in Lipari. Dinner on your own
Day 7: Friday – LIPARI – MILAZZO
Breakfast on board. Time at leisure for a visit of the town of Lipari and its archaeological and the volcanological museum. Return on board by noon and navigation in the direction of the “faraglioni” of Lipari. Lunch on board. After lunch we navigate from Lipari – Milazzo. Arrival in Milazzo at the end of the day. Dinner on board.
Day 8/Saturday MILAZZO-CATANIA
Breakfast on board. Disembark by 9.00 am in Milazzo and transfer by car to Catania airport. End of our services.
The above program can be changed due to unfavorable weather or sea conditions, or significant volcanic activities. For the safety of all passengers and crew the final decision will be made by the ship’s Captain. As an exception, the program might start from Lipari instead of Milazzo. In this instance the transfer from Milazzo port to Lipari and back by hydrofoil will be at no additional charge. Bad weather: the Owner assumes no responsibility for delays in departure or interruption of the cruise due to bad weather or contrary provisions made by the local Maritime Authority. In such cases the contract will be valid, even if the ship, will not be able to sail the sea for several days. No reimbursement will be due. We always recommend our clients purchase travel insurance that includes travel interruption.
Prices in Euro : Aeolian Island Cruise 2020– (US$ rate varies depending on the exchange rate of the day)
May 02 through June 26 and September 12 through October 24. Euro 1963.00
June 27 though September 11. Euro 2338.00
- Pricing is per person, based on minimum 2 passengers traveling together, double occupany
- Single travelers supplement +50%
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Aeolian Island cruise on board a 24 mt ketch in double cabin (8 days/7 nights)
- 7 breakfast, 6 lunches, 4 dinners – see itinerary
- Welcome drink
- All the visits as indicated in the program
- Crew on board (Captain, sailor and chef)
- Daily cabins and bathroom cleaning
- Port taxes
- Round trip transfers Catania airport/Milazzo
- 3 dinners (Stromboli, Lipari and Vulcano)
- Beverages – mineral water, alcoholic drinks
- Travel insurance
- Tips, personal expenses
- Cabins: 7 double cabins with en-suite bathroom and air-conditioning
- Built 2001 – Hull & interior mahogany
- Fresh water tank 5000 liters
- Fuel 3000 liters
- Speed 10 knots
- Length 24 meters, Beam 6.5, Draft 2.75 m.
- Long keel
- Propulsion: Engines Yanmar 420 HP